[squid-users] ICMP and QUIC

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Jul 8 12:35:50 UTC 2024

On 2024-07-08 00:06, Jonathan Lee wrote:

> When watching facebook reels everything works as expected after about
> 15 minutes the system starts to attempt to use QUIC and after my iMac
> fan goes crazy and the website locks up..

Squid does not proxy UDP traffic (including QUIC). UDP traffic should
not be forwarded/redirected/intercepted/etc. to Squid primary TCP
listening ports (i.e. http_port, https_port, and ftp_port).

If you see signs of UDP traffic getting to Squid primary TCP ports, then
something is misconfigured outside of Squid. In either case, the
solution probably lies outside of Squid.

HTH,

Alex.