[squid-users] Are you using ESI?

Robert Collins robertc at squid-cache.org
Sat Feb 25 11:26:42 UTC 2023

ESI in Squid hasn't had investment done to it for neigh on twenty years
now. Not a bad run 🙂. I have no idea if there are users out there...
Certainly no one has reached out to me about it for many years.

I think newer models of edge compute like WASM and ICAP are generally
better: narrower interfaces that unlock huge potential.

The implementation in Squid should be savable if folk are interested - I
don't remember it being all that bad - but I certainly don't have time to
offer to do that.

HTH,
Rob