[squid-users] Are you using ESI?

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Feb 24 22:49:51 UTC 2023

Hello,

     ESI support in Squid has been a significant source of problems for
many years. One of the biggest problems is affecting a lot of code that
has nothing to do with the ESI module! I see no signs of a significant
ESI user base, but some users may still exist. Before proposing to
remove ESI support from Squid, I would like to better estimate the
negative impact of that removal on existing Squid installations.

If your Squid installation uses ESI features, please respond (in private
if necessary). How would ESI removal affect your Squids? Would you be
willing and able to rewrite the ESI module integration with Squid
primary APIs (or hire a developer capable of such a serious project)?

Thank you,