[squid-users] Portal Splash Page - exceptions

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Oct 5 08:49:47 UTC 2021

On 4/10/21 9:53 pm, MATYAS, Tibor wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I have the following situation: Squid 4 is working in non-transparent
> mode, with Portal Splash Page
> https://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Portal/Splash
> configured. This is a nice feature, the users must regularly accept the
> internet usage policy.
>
> Since we have our new VoIP/PBX solution, the connection breakdowns
> caused by the session timeout / reaccept policy are very annoying.

What makes you think the VoIP / PBX has anything to do with HTTP traffic
through Squid?

If (as I suspect), you have the VoIP software configured to use CONNECT
tunnels through the proxy. You may find it better to move the voice
channels to direct connections.

> I would like to create exceptions for specific sites/domains. Is this
> possible?

Of course. Squid access controls are a boolean language. You just have
to define clearly what it is checking for and what is to happen to
traffic matching the criteria.

For the basics, Please see our FAQ at
<https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl>.

If you have any specific issues getting it to work we can probably
assist, but will need some more details about the access policy you want
obeyed and what config you have so far.