[squid-users] Portal Splash Page - exceptions

MATYAS, Tibor tibor.matyas at dsi-as.de
Fri Oct 8 10:58:54 UTC 2021

Hi Amos,

thank you for your support. It is working now!

### VoIP/PBX always allow
acl voip_domains dstdomain "/etc/squid/voip_domains.exclude"
cache deny voip_domains
always_direct allow voip_domains
http_access allow intlan voip_domains
--> *last line here was missing*

### Splash/Policy START
external_acl_type session

Am 05.10.2021 um 10:49 schrieb Amos Jeffries:
> On 4/10/21 9:53 pm, MATYAS, Tibor wrote:
>> Hello List,
>>
>> I have the following situation: Squid 4 is working in non-transparent
>> mode, with Portal Splash Page
>> https://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Portal/Splash
>> configured. This is a nice feature, the users must regularly accept the
>> internet usage policy.
>>
>> Since we have our new VoIP/PBX solution, the connection breakdowns
>> caused by the session timeout / reaccept policy are very annoying.
>
> What makes you think the VoIP / PBX has anything to do with HTTP
> traffic through Squid?
>
> If (as I suspect), you have the VoIP software configured to use
> CONNECT tunnels through the proxy. You may find it better to move the
> voice channels to direct connections.
>

>> I would like to create exceptions for specific sites/domains. Is this
>> possible?
>
> Of course. Squid access controls are a boolean language. You just have
> to define clearly what it is checking for and what is to happen to
> traffic matching the criteria.
>
> For the basics, Please see our FAQ at
> <https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl>.
>
> If you have any specific issues getting it to work we can probably
> assist, but will need some more details about the access policy you
> want obeyed and what config you have so far.
>

> Amos

DSI Aerospace Technologie GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Otto-Lilienthal-Str. 1, D-28199 Bremen, Germany
Web: http://www.dsi-as.de

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dr.-Ing. Christian Dierker
                   M. Sc. Elias Hashem

HRB 17726, Amtsgericht Bremen
USt-IdNr.: DE 192 681 774