[squid-users] Accessing external web page with squid

Fabrizio Bartolomucci fbartolom at gmail.com
Tue May 25 14:11:10 UTC 2021

As a matter of fact it should all be the transparent to the user. She would click a button and get the requested page by way of the proxy, instead of directly. Like for example: taxiprofessional.net:3000?https://books.apple.com/it/book/bibbia-traduzione-letterale-genesi/id1276275493 <https://books.apple.com/it/book/bibbia-traduzione-letterale-genesi/id1276275493>
would return page https://books.apple.com/it/book/bibbia-traduzione-letterale-genesi/id1276275493 <https://books.apple.com/it/book/bibbia-traduzione-letterale-genesi/id1276275493>

More strategically that url would also be inserted in the links of a RapidWeaver stack allowing to search the website, that doesn't work with the Apple web site due to Cors security issues.
Greetings,

> Il giorno 25 mag 2021, alle ore 15:28, Alex Rousskov <rousskov at measurement-factory.com> ha scritto:
>
> On 5/25/21 5:31 AM, Fabrizio Bartolomucci wrote:
>> I configured squid on my centos web site and successfully tested an
>> access by it with:
>>
>> curl -x http://taxiprofessional.net:3128 -L
>> https://books.apple.com/it/book/bibbia-traduzione-letterale-genesi/id1276275493
>
>> What should I use to replicate this connection in a url in order to
>> access that page by proxy from a web browser of the kind,
>
> I doubt there is a way way to tell a popular browser to use a proxy
> using the Location bar alone. Instead, you should _configure_ your
> browser to use an HTTP proxy (located at the taxiprofessional.net:3128
> address) and then request the desired URL (by typing that URL in the
> browser Location bar, by clicking a link on another page, or requesting
> it via Javascript -- all those accesses will go through the configured
> proxy).
>
> If you want to access a proxy from Javascript from inside a browser that
> is _not_ configured to use a proxy, then I am not sure what the best way
> to do that is, but others on the list may help you with that.
>

> HTH,
>
> Alex.

Dr. Fabrizio Bartolomucci
IOS Software Programmer
Mia Foto

3474013121 <tel:3474013121> | 3474013121 <tel:3474013121>
	fbartolom at gmail.com <mailto:fbartolom at gmail.com>
	pizzomarinella.inarrivo.com <applewebdata://pizzomarinella.inarrivo.com>
	Via Riviera Prangi, dev IV, 3C, Residence Roseto, Pizzo (VV)
 <https://www.facebook.com/fabriziob>
 <https://www.twitter.com/fbartolom>
 <https://www.linkedin.com/in/fbartolom/>