[squid-users] Accessing external web page with squid

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue May 25 13:28:53 UTC 2021

On 5/25/21 5:31 AM, Fabrizio Bartolomucci wrote:
> I configured squid on my centos web site and successfully tested an
> access by it with:
>
> curl -x http://taxiprofessional.net:3128 -L
> https://books.apple.com/it/book/bibbia-traduzione-letterale-genesi/id1276275493

> What should I use to replicate this connection in a url in order to
> access that page by proxy from a web browser of the kind,

I doubt there is a way way to tell a popular browser to use a proxy
using the Location bar alone. Instead, you should _configure_ your
browser to use an HTTP proxy (located at the taxiprofessional.net:3128
address) and then request the desired URL (by typing that URL in the
browser Location bar, by clicking a link on another page, or requesting
it via Javascript -- all those accesses will go through the configured
proxy).

If you want to access a proxy from Javascript from inside a browser that
is _not_ configured to use a proxy, then I am not sure what the best way
to do that is, but others on the list may help you with that.

HTH,