[squid-users] Squid 4.16, docker many CLOSE_WAIT

FredB numsys at free.fr
Mon Dec 6 20:03:09 UTC 2021

Hello,

I'm struggling with close_wait and squid in docker, after some hours I
have thousand of close_wait , a lot more than the others status

I tried some sysctl options but without more success, I guess because
the close_wait can be related to my clients (many simultaneous)

Maybe this is related with docker, for now I don't know, but after a
while some "randomly" users can't reach some https websites, it's like
the session is just dropped without any information in cache.log

As a quick fix I'm thinking about client_lifetime, reduce the value to 4
hours -> Just to calm my users and try to understand without stress

But I found nothing about impact, what happen exactly to a user when the
time is out ?

Regards
Fred