[squid-users] TLS whitelist traffic based on URL_REGEX

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Dec 7 01:25:16 UTC 2021

On 7/12/21 03:13, Baptista, Paulo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to create ACL, using URL_REGEX, for SQUID when using
> SSLBUMP for HTTPS sites? If so, is there a guide I can follow?

url_regex ACL works the same way for SSL-Bump'ed HTTPS and it does for
HTTP. Once the TLS is decrypted what Squid is handling is a normal HTTP
request with a https:// URL.

> I am running Squid 3.5.20

Please upgrade. The current Squid release is v5.3.

When using SSL-Bump it is especially important to track the latest
version(s) in order to be able to handle the volatile TLS protocol
changes going on in the Internet these days.