[squid-users] Squid not sending input into external_acl_type helper script

Ajb B ajb23 at ymail.com
Fri Sep 25 20:28:02 UTC 2020

So I have a external_acl_type helper script and it's not reading input from Squid.
Here it is:

redis-cli HSET 'test' data 'SCRIPT DID RUN' >/dev/null
while read -s line; do
  redis-cli HSET 'test' data 'LOOP STARTED ' >/dev/null  printf '%s\n' 'OK'
done
And here are my Squid configuration directives:
external_acl_type ex_parent_proxy %LOGIN /etc/squid/squid-access-control.shacl parent_proxy_1 external ex_parent_proxy http_access allow parent_proxy_1

When I test it out, the 'SCRIPT DID RUN' value does get set in the database. However, 'LOOP STARTED' does not. Any idea why? I have used helper scripts for the 'auth_param basic program' configuration directive and it works just fine.