[squid-users] squid 3.5 conf setup

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Apr 20 20:16:23 UTC 2020

On 4/20/20 10:48 AM, James Adams wrote:
> acl 1 myportname 1 src all

I agree with Amos that you should consider automating these
configuration lines. Your access control and request routing
requirements are probably too special to warrant adding a new Squid feature.

While writing the config-generating script, please remove the "src all"
trailing garbage(?) from myportname ACL definitions. I would also
recommend avoiding using bare numbers as port and ACL _names_: It is
very confusing for many human readers, and might even cause parsing
failures in future Squid versions.

HTH,