[squid-users] squid 3.5 conf setup

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Apr 20 16:37:41 UTC 2020

On 21/04/20 2:48 am, James Adams wrote:
> We have a few squid setups to handle large number of /24 IP blocks.
> I want to know is there an easier configuration to do this as we have to
> manually configure each conf file and can take a long time plus the fact
> of human error. I am trying to reduce the number of lines needed and
> make it a little more efficient. Below is a snippet of a conf file. The
> bold text is what I am trying to reduce.

>From what I can see in this config file that is not going to be possible
for any Squid.

Best you will get is automating the config lines creation to avoid that
human error situation. Squid can use "include /path/to/file" to pull in
config lines from an auto-generated file.

> acl localnet src all

Your LAN is the entire Internet? I think not.

> request_header_access Allow allow all
> request_header_access Authorization allow all
> request_header_access WWW-Authenticate allow all

I suggest looking at all these headers. Many are not relevant to *requests*.