[squid-users] using clang to compile squid 4-5

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jan 30 16:12:14 UTC 2019

Hai,

Good to hear there are more then Luigi :-)

I builded debian packages yesterday for squid 4.5
Which was pretty simple and worked fine in the end.

Get the source of 4.4  ( apt-get source -t unstable squid  )
Copy the debian folder from 4.4 into the 4.5 folder.

And changed in the changelog the squid version, builded fine.
Test build failed, my change was.

diff squid-4.4/debian/rules squid-4.5/debian/rules
22c22
< DEB_INSTALL_DOCS_squid-common := debian/copyright CONTRIBUTORS CREDITS QUICKSTART RELEASENOTES.html SPONSORS
---
> DEB_INSTALL_DOCS_squid-common := debian/copyright CONTRIBUTORS CREDITS QUICKSTART SPONSORS

4.5 was missing : RELEASENOTES.html
Uhm must say, i builded the "squid-4.5-20190128-r568e66b7c" version.

Working now on a backport for debian stretch.

Thank for all the good work Amos. ( and Luigi ) !

@Amos, any chance to upload 4.5 to unstable or experimental?
I was hoping that 4.5 would get into buster, im guessing thats not going to happen?

Greetz,

Louis