[squid-users] using clang to compile squid 4-5

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Jan 30 20:22:41 UTC 2019

On 31/01/19 5:12 am, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Hai,
>
> Good to hear there are more then Luigi :-)
>
> I builded debian packages yesterday for squid 4.5
> Which was pretty simple and worked fine in the end.
>
> Get the source of 4.4  ( apt-get source -t unstable squid  )
> Copy the debian folder from 4.4 into the 4.5 folder.
>
> And changed in the changelog the squid version, builded fine.
> Test build failed, my change was.
>
> diff squid-4.4/debian/rules squid-4.5/debian/rules
> 22c22
> < DEB_INSTALL_DOCS_squid-common := debian/copyright CONTRIBUTORS CREDITS QUICKSTART RELEASENOTES.html SPONSORS
> ---
>> DEB_INSTALL_DOCS_squid-common := debian/copyright CONTRIBUTORS CREDITS QUICKSTART SPONSORS
>
> 4.5 was missing : RELEASENOTES.html
> Uhm must say, i builded the "squid-4.5-20190128-r568e66b7c" version.

Aye, looking into that is on my worklist for this weekend while waiting
for the release prep testing.

> Working now on a backport for debian stretch.
>
> Thank for all the good work Amos. ( and Luigi ) !
>
> @Amos, any chance to upload 4.5 to unstable or experimental?
> I was hoping that 4.5 would get into buster, im guessing thats not going to happen?

Um, that will depend on Luigi's time between now and then. We have until
the 10th to roll and test it.

I have updated the version in the team repository (pushed just now) but
the changes are relatively minor and 4.6 is due this weekend. If I can
replicate this strncpy issue in the next day a temporary fix for should
also be added before next upload.