[squid-users] rock storage and max-swap-rate

reinerotto augustus_meyer at gmx.net
Tue Jan 23 00:47:32 UTC 2018

Privet !
>Could you please elaborate? What’s wrong with rock on ext4? <
Default ext4 uses a "journal" of the modifications. Which adds I/O.
Timestamps of filemods are other I/Os. I do not think, that these features
are required for rock. Disabling journal completely will cause loss of data
(cached) in case of disk failure, but this is a very rare event, and will be
recovered over time by filling up cache again. So, in case rock is on its
own private disk/partition, I feel very well to disable journal completely.
For a start:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/573957/disabling-journaling-in-ubuntu-14-04

Dunno whether possible using AWS. As I like to have full control, I do not
use AWS at all.