[squid-users] Caching Google Chrome googlechromestandaloneenterprise64.msi

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sat Oct 22 12:56:11 UTC 2016

Disclaimer: I am not a Squid developer.

On Saturday 22 October 2016 at 14:43:55, garryd at comnet.uz wrote:

> IMO:
>
> The only reason I believe [explains] why core developers of Squid tend to
> move HTTP violating settings from average users is to prevent possible
> abuse/misuse.

I believe the reason is that one of Squid's goals is to be RFC compliant,
therefore it does not contain features which violate HTTP.

> Nevertheless, I believe that core developers should publish an
> _official_ explanations regarding the tendency, as it often becomes a
> "center of gravity" of many topics.

Which "tendency"?

What are you asking for an official explanation of?

Antony.

--
"640 kilobytes (of RAM) should be enough for anybody."

 - Bill Gates

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.