[squid-users] Problem site

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed Jul 20 22:24:58 UTC 2016

> Care to add any detail to "can no longer connect"?

The squid server runs on centos 7.2, all corporate desktops all use IE 11, they
simply get a non-descriptive error  in IE saying "This page can’t be displayed"
however chrome works for example but none of the desktops have access to
chrome.

The last entry in the squid access log is:

TCP_MISS/200 4221 CONNECT e-vista.scsolutionsinc.com:443 - HIER_DIRECT/54.244.18.108 -

No changes have been made to squid in some time, it appears to be either a
platform hotfix or a change in the destination site. Total fail on my part, switching
to an admin desktop with direct access not utilizing squid yields the same issue.

Further to that, remoting to my home on a more recent version of Windows without
proxy yields the same results, IE appears broken yet Chrome works?

Sorry for the bad initial diagnoses on this one Antony,
jlc