[squid-users] Problem site

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed Jul 20 22:32:54 UTC 2016

On Thursday 21 July 2016 at 00:24:58, Joseph L. Casale wrote:

> The squid server runs on centos 7.2,

Okay.

> all corporate desktops all use IE 11,

Oh dear :(

> they simply get a non-descriptive error  in IE saying "This page can’t be
> displayed" however chrome works

Oh good :)

> for example but none of the desktops have access to chrome.

Upgrade :) ?

> The last entry in the squid access log is:
>
> TCP_MISS/200 4221 CONNECT e-vista.scsolutionsinc.com:443 -
> HIER_DIRECT/54.244.18.108 -

Okay, that looks perfectly normal for an HTTPS URL.

> switching to an admin desktop with direct access not utilizing squid
> yields the same issue.

Okay, so the problem isn't Squid then.

> Further to that, remoting to my home on a more recent version of Windows
> without proxy yields the same results, IE appears broken yet Chrome works?

Good diagnosis.

Sorry, I can't give any better solution than "don't use IE", however you've
clearly shown that Squid is not the culprit here.

Antony.

--
.evah I serutangis sseltniop tsom eht fo eno eb tsum sihT

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.