[squid-users] Problem site

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed Jul 20 21:48:44 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 20 July 2016 at 23:38:03, Joseph L. Casale wrote:

> Hi,
> Recently our users can no longer connect

Care to add any detail to "can no longer connect"?

eg:

1. They used to be able to - when did this change?

2. What error message or response do users now see in their browser?

3. What shows up in Squid's access.log when users now attempt to connect to
the URL?

4. What was in access.log when they could previously successfully connect to
this URL?

5. Has squid.conf changed since that date?

> to a vendor url
> https://e-vista.scsolutionsinc.com/evista/jsp/delfour/eVistaStart.jsp
> behind squid.

> We have a few sites that don't work well

Such as?

> when cached and adding this domain to that acl

How have you tried to add an HTTPS domain to an ACL?

> has not helped. We are using version 3.3.8.

Which Operating System (on the Squid box) and which version?

> Any suggestion as to what might help?

Certainly:

 - tell us what browser/s your users are using

 - tell us what Squid configuration you have (squid.conf without comments or
blank lines)

 - tell us what you get in access.log when you visit a problematic URL

 - tell us anything which has changed about your network or Squid setup since
the users were last able to successfully connect

Regards,

Antony.

--
I conclude that there are two ways of constructing a software design: One way
is to make it so simple that there are _obviously_ no deficiencies, and the

 - C A R Hoare

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.