[squid-users] How to bypass Squid proxy in intercept mode using acl/always_direct

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Dec 27 19:03:51 UTC 2016

On 26.12.16 14:07, mabi wrote:
>I am using Squid 3.5.20 in intercept mode for HTTP and HTTPS traffic with
> my OpenBSD 6.0 firewall.  For some internal servers located on two
> different subdomains I would like to access these directly and as such
> bypass the Squid proxy.  Is this possible to achieve that using the an acl
> and always_direct parameters of Squid?

No. It is NOT possible to configure bypassing on the squid proxy.
Proxy can only handle connections that did NOT bypass it.
Bypassing means that connections will NOT be done to squid.

That means, when a connection reaches squid, it's already too late to bypass
it.

The only way to bypass squid is to configure router not to send connections
to it.

Christian Science Programming: "Let God Debug It!".