[squid-users] http_port with "transparent" or "intercept"?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Sun Apr 17 16:21:05 UTC 2016

I am in the process if migrating from 2.7 to 3.4, and have hit a minor
problem -
if I use "http_port 3128 transparent" as I did in 2.7, it works very well,
but I get a slew of errors on start-up:

squid[1735]: ERROR: No forward-proxy ports configured.
squid: Last message 'ERROR: No forward-pr' repeated 176 times, suppressed by
syslog-ng on sogo

If I only specify "http_port 3128", browsers being redirected to squid get
this:

<--------------
The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL:
/schools/gcsebitesize/science/add_aqa/photosynthesis/photosynthesisrev3.shtml

    Invalid URL

Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect.

Some possible problems are:

    Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be "http://" or similar)

    Missing hostname

    Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path

    Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

I'm using squid-3.4.4 on openSUSE 13.2.  I have seen the 'intercept' option,
but it produces the same error messages.

thanks
Per Jessen, Zürich.