[squid-users] http_port with "transparent" or "intercept"?

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 16:34:52 UTC 2016

#       intercept    Support for IP-Layer NAT interception delivering
#            traffic to this Squid port.
#            NP: disables authentication on the port.

Squid tells you what's wrong:

 ERROR: No forward-proxy ports configured.

In addition with interception port you MUST define also forwarding port
(starting from 3.x AFAIK).

Better to you will be specify forwarding port 3128, by default (it uses
by cachemgr and other optional software), and some another, for example,
3127, as interception port.

17.04.16 22:21, Per Jessen пишет:
> I am in the process if migrating from 2.7 to 3.4, and have hit a minor
> problem -
> if I use "http_port 3128 transparent" as I did in 2.7, it works very
well,
> but I get a slew of errors on start-up:
>
> squid[1735]: ERROR: No forward-proxy ports configured.
> squid: Last message 'ERROR: No forward-pr' repeated 176 times,
suppressed by
> syslog-ng on sogo
>
> If I only specify "http_port 3128", browsers being redirected to squid
get
> this:

> The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL:

/schools/gcsebitesize/science/add_aqa/photosynthesis/photosynthesisrev3.shtml