[squid-users] Error starting 3.5.16 on FreeBSD-8.4

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Apr 8 14:59:30 UTC 2016

On 9/04/2016 2:38 a.m., Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> Now that Yuri has reported success, shall I wait for something for 3.5.16??

No that means his problem was unrelated to yours.

The 3.5.16 code in this area was correctly using errno. So the message
it was giving you was correct for your issue.

> Could it be that I am the onlt one trying 3.5.16 on this old version of
> FreeBSD? I am saying that because it is running well on FreeBSD-10.3 since
> two days ago.

Possibly yes. Or a compiler / stdlib related issue. 10 uses clang and
8.x use an old GCC IIRC.

> There is another e-mail I sent about 4.0.8 failing to compile successfully
> on FreeBSD 10.3. Still waiting for response on that too.

If you mean the list query "compiling 4.0.8 on FreeBSD-10.1" I replied
to yesterday.

> I'd like to 'transparently intercept' https traffic (facebook, youtube and
> a few other sites which users love so much) and subject those to time-based
> ACLs. I have been looking around the cookbooks/howtos and I cannot pinpoint
> which one is the definitive one to follow. Is it this one:
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/SslBumpExplicit

Thats the best one we have in the wiki at the moment.