[squid-users] Error starting 3.5.16 on FreeBSD-8.4

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 14:38:13 UTC 2016

Now that Yuri has reported success, shall I wait for something for 3.5.16??
Could it be that I am the onlt one trying 3.5.16 on this old version of
FreeBSD? I am saying that because it is running well on FreeBSD-10.3 since
two days ago.

There is another e-mail I sent about 4.0.8 failing to compile successfully
on FreeBSD 10.3. Still waiting for response on that too.

I'd like to 'transparently intercept' https traffic (facebook, youtube and
a few other sites which users love so much) and subject those to time-based
ACLs. I have been looking around the cookbooks/howtos and I cannot pinpoint
which one is the definitive one to follow. Is it this one:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/SslBumpExplicit

On 8 April 2016 at 15:05, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> On 8/04/2016 10:28 p.m., Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> > Hello Yuri,
> >
> > Thanks, but this patch is for squid-4.0.8, right??
> >

> Yes the patch in that bug report is specific to the latest 4.0 snapshot,
> which Yuri is running.
>
> As Alex mentioned the errno usage in Squid was a bit wrong. The latest
> 4.0 have a patch to fix that, which is causing Yuri's problem. Your 3.5
> issue may or may not be related. But we wont know until after Yuri
> applies that patch and checks the results.
>
> Amos

Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE