[squid-users] Squid ubuntu build error

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon May 4 10:10:50 UTC 2015

On 4/05/2015 11:35 a.m., Darren B. wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have struck a small issue in building squid from source (Ubuntu 14.04
> current source packages)

FYI: I've tried providing back-ports for Ubuntu a while back. But the
churn in dpkg tools themselves this past 2 Debian cyces has been so much
that the .deb do not build on other OS versions from one year to the next.

Ubuntu also did a transition from squid3 to squid packaging way ahead of
out upstream sources making it a sort-of clean process or Debian doing so.
I recommend you make sure you are using the .src.deb out of your Ubuntu
version as a basis for any re-builds.

> Can anyone point me to the offending code?

The offending code is buried in the autoconf toolchain. The directries
existence is automatic when the icons/ directory is "make install"ed.