[squid-users] Squid ubuntu build error

Rafael Akchurin rafael.akchurin at diladele.com
Mon May 4 22:29:17 UTC 2015

This is how we rebuild Squid 3 from Ubuntu for SSL bump (taken from http://docs.diladele.com/administrator_guide_4_1/system_configuration/https_filtering/recompile_squid.html)

apt-get update && apt-get -y upgrade

# install build tools
apt-get -y install devscripts build-essential fakeroot libssl-dev

# fetch the source for the package to re-build
apt-get source squid3

# fetch dependent packages for the build
apt-get -y build-dep squid3

# build the package
cd squid3-3.3.8 && dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b

# install some more required packages
apt-get -y install ssl-cert
apt-get -y install squid-langpack

# install recompiled packages
dpkg --install squid3-common_3.3.8-1ubuntu6.2_all.deb
dpkg --install squid3_3.3.8-1ubuntu6.2_amd64.deb
dpkg --install squidclient_3.3.8-1ubuntu6.2_amd64.deb

# put the squid on hold to prevent updating
apt-mark hold squid3 squid3-common

Raf