[squid-users] Squid ubuntu build error

Darren B. "darrenjbreeze" at netvigator.com
Sun May 3 23:35:22 UTC 2015

Hi

I have struck a small issue in building squid from source (Ubuntu 14.04
current source packages)

cp: cannot stat
‘/home/darren/squid3-3.3.8/debian/tmp/usr/share/squid3/icons’: No such
file or directory
dh_install: cp -a
/home/darren/squid3-3.3.8/debian/tmp/usr/share/squid3/icons
debian/squid3-common//usr/share/squid3/ returned exit code 1

it looks like something upstream of this error is not creating
tmp/usr/share/squid3 so creating the icons directory fails.

If I create the missing directory and do a make it's all fine but I am
trying to create packages from source (adding SSL) and the clena up
prior to the make deletes the directories.

This looks like a bug in the distro as I have built previous version s
from source without a bother.

Can anyone point me to the offending code?

thanks

Darren Breeze