[squid-users] Hostname missing in request URL

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Mar 12 01:22:37 UTC 2015

On 12/03/2015 7:41 a.m., jaykbvt wrote:
> Hi, I am facing a strange scenario where my users requested URL gets
> truncated in request to my squid server. The setup is in transparent proxy
> mode with Cisco ISG in between with L4 redirection on www traffic.
>

> It works proper only if I configure proxy settings explicitly in user's
> browser.

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7230#section-5.3>

In short; its not truncated. That is the proper/expected message format
on each of the *two different ports*.

Handling the intercepted URL format from port 80 messages is part of
what the "intercept" option does in squid.conf http_port.

If you follow one of the config examples detailed in the section
"Traffic Interception capture into Squid" and the below wiki page you
wont get these issues.
 <http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept>