[squid-users] Hostname missing in request URL

jaykbvt jaykbvt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 18:41:06 UTC 2015

Hi, I am facing a strange scenario where my users requested URL gets
truncated in request to my squid server. The setup is in transparent proxy
mode with Cisco ISG in between with L4 redirection on www traffic.

It works proper only if I configure proxy settings explicitly in user's
browser.

Given below are excerpt of TCP request with both the scenario.

Without proxy setting

GET / HTTP/1.1

Host: www.cisco.com

Firefox/36.0

Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

With Proxy setting

.GET http://www.cisco.com/favicon.ico HTTP/1.1

--