[squid-users] Squid and ufdbGuard, display blocked URL on client browser address bar

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Jul 10 03:54:54 UTC 2015

On 10/07/2015 9:51 a.m., David Touzeau wrote:
> Hi ikna
>
> This can be done, but you need to forget the ufdbgclient and create
> yourself a new one that is able to connect to the ufdbguard server in
> order to get ufdbguard results.
> In this case, you have with your code to replace the  OK status=302
> url="" sent by ufdbguard server by OK rewrite-url=""
>
> Then the address bar will be not changed.
>
> If you need an example, you will find it after installing this open
> source software :
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/artica-squid/files/ISO/proxy-appliances/

Thats not what he is asking for though.

He is asking to change the page *content*. By only altering the URL
request-line on the received message.

The answer is to change what the http://10.1.1.142/sgerror.php script
does. So it displays the url= parameter instead of its own full URL.

IMPORTANT:  doing that was a XSS / open-proxy vulnerability that
squidguard had. Its not a good idea to just dump out query-string data
delivered by the client as body content. It needs to be sanitized
properly first.

Amos