[squid-users] Squid 3 SSL bump: Google drive application could not connect

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 20:26:32 UTC 2015

To return to Earth:

I think, a good idea is built-in (ma be, in ssl_crtd?) functionality to
check 443 port connection for "Is an HTTPS inside?" and if no, do not
bump by default.

This is so simple and fast, is it? And we can have some config option to
disable this function.......Or not.....

;)

05.01.2015 2:17, Douglas Davenport пишет:
> I saw a very similar feature in ufdbGuard which is a URL filter implemented as a Squid Redirector. They
have a feature which probes the destination server for a valid HTTPS
cert in parallel to the user's connection and terminates it if it turns
out not to be a valid HTTPS cert. Their code is open source, maybe this
could be helpful in creating such a helper?