[squid-users] Is Squid can shutdown unused idle redirector's children?

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 13:30:09 UTC 2015

Also, gents.

ufdbGuard is cool, but:

- Where is good documentation? I found only one connon PDF. No
performance recommendations, no administrator's guide - this good piece
of software not so trivial as squidGuard, i.e., I don't know, how to
support only used blocking categories databases without rebuilding them
all, no concepts guide - the architecture of solution is not obvious.
May be I need glasses, but Reference manual + man pages is not enough
for average SA's. Not at all will read sources.

- AFAIK, it uses daemon-centric architecture. Well, but different OS
uses different startup facilities. I want to have possibility to tune it
up by myself or installation must correct do it on target OS. And please
note, that not only Linux existing in the world. ;) SystemV init was
deprecated in some systems years ago. ;) And will be good to document
all of this in installation guide.

Did you agree?