[squid-users] Parse DNS for IPv4 and IPv6

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Jul 31 10:35:44 UTC 2024

On 30.07.24 12:55, Jonathan Lee wrote:
>Hello fellow squid users can you please help?

> I have noticed that I get 409 errors with IPv6 only clients this leads me
> to believe that it’s DNS related.

why do you think that?

> My firewall has both IPV4 and IPV6 DNS.
> I wonder if when an IPV6 only client is trying to access the proxy it
> defaults to IPv4 dns.

Sice, the connection between client and squid is separate from connection
between squid and server, it should be perfectly okay to have ipv6 on one
and ipv4 on another.

> How can one manually set the system to utilize
> specified DNS for ACL use within subnets?  The system works as long as
> clients are double stacked.

Can we see example of those errors in log files?

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.