[squid-users] Parse DNS for IPv4 and IPv6

Jonathan Lee jonathanlee571 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 19:55:15 UTC 2024

Hello fellow squid users can you please help? I have noticed that I get 409 errors with IPv6 only clients this leads me to believe that it’s DNS related. My firewall has both IPV4 and IPV6 DNS. I wonder if when an IPV6 only client is trying to access the proxy it defaults to IPv4 dns. How can one manually set the system to utilize specified DNS for ACL use within subnets? The system works as long as clients are double stacked.

Sent from my iPhone