[squid-users] Rewriting HTTP to HTTPS for generic package proxy

Fiehe, Christoph c.fiehe at eurodata.de
Wed Jul 10 10:57:57 UTC 2024

The idea behind was to find a way to cache packages from a repository that only provides HTTPS-based connections. It would work, when the HTTPS connection terminates at the Squid Proxy and not at the client, so that the proxy can forward the message payload to the client using normal HTTP. Apt-Cacher-NG implements the behavior, but it seems to be too buggy to use in a productive environment.

There is no way to achieve that with standard Squid mechanisms?

Regards,
Christoph