[squid-users] Container Based Issues Lock Down Password and Terminate SSL

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Apr 27 10:07:30 UTC 2024

On 24/04/24 17:27, Jonathan Lee wrote:
> Hello fellow Squid users I wanted to ask a quick question for use with termination would http access for cache still work with this type of setup and custom refresh patterns?
>
> I think it would terminate all but the clients and if they use the cache it would be ok.

These things are sequential, but otherwise not directly related.

SSL-Bump is about TLS handshake opening a connection from a client.

The "ssl_bump splice" action allows the client connection to go through
Squid in the form of a blind tunnel. Caching (and thus refresh of cached
objects) is not applicable to tunneled traffic.

The "ssl_bump terminate" action closes the client connection
immediately. It should be obvious that nothing can be done in that
connection once it is closed. HTTP(S) and/or caching are irrelevant -
they can never happen on a terminated connection.