[squid-users] cache_peer selection

Alexeyяр Gruzdov my.shellac at gmail.com
Fri May 12 11:28:07 UTC 2023

Hello Guys!

Thank you for your help that was before!

Could you explain somethings - For example I have a five cache_peer servers

peer1
peer2
peer3
peer4

And users like:

User-100
User-101

For forwarding requests over  existed cache_peer I use an external ACL and
"note" option - all works well.

Now I'd like to implement the next logic:
This is something like a failover of specified cache_peers for specified
user.

For example:
We send User-100 over peer1, if peer1 is failed - that User-100 must to go
over peer2.

For User-101 - something like - primary will be peer4, if its failed
User-101 must to go over peer3.

its something like primary and multiple of backup of cache_peer

etc....

Thank you !

Alexg