[squid-users] Squid config Teams add-on in Outlook

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Jul 7 16:02:36 UTC 2023

On 7/07/23 00:32, Alessandro Baritello wrote:
> Hello, I need help with a Squid ver. 4.15 used with kerberos
> authentication to windows, whitelists and cache_peers to McAfee Web
> Gateway appliances.

Squid 6.1 was released a few days ago and 4.x have reached their
official EOS. You may want to try a newer version now.
  There have been numerous changes to CONNECT tunnel handling since 4.15
which may help with your issue. Better debugging and logging of tunnel
activities at very least may be useful to you.

> Everything works, except for a teams add-on integrated in Outlook, i.e.
> when a teams meeting is created from Outlook it does not open Teams
> correctly, and therefore the relative part with the Teams Meeting ID is
> not seen in the email.
>
> Consulting access.log you can see numerous TCP_DENIED/407 errors even if
> previously there was TCP_TUNNEL/200 with the connect.

Status 407 means the TCP connection which is being used has not yet been
authenticated, OR the credentials given for it are not permitted to
perform the action requested.

You will need to check:
  * whether those status 200 were using the same TCP connection (likely
not), and
  * whether credentials were provided on the TCP connection (in the
current HTTP request headers, or any prior HTTP request on that
connection), and
  * what type of authentication is happening. The MS schemes have some
peculiar and annoying impacts on HTTP.

HTH