[squid-users] Squid config Teams add-on in Outlook

Alessandro Baritello Alessandro.Baritello at eng.it
Thu Jul 6 12:32:13 UTC 2023

Hello, I need help with a Squid ver. 4.15 used with kerberos authentication to windows, whitelists and cache_peers to McAfee Web Gateway appliances.
Everything works, except for a teams add-on integrated in Outlook, i.e. when a teams meeting is created from Outlook it does not open Teams correctly, and therefore the relative part with the Teams Meeting ID is not seen in the email.
Consulting access.log you can see numerous TCP_DENIED/407 errors even if previously there was TCP_TUNNEL/200 with the connect. It is not clear if this error, which seems to be extended to other urls that have nothing to do with Teams, Outlook and Microsoft, is indicative of this issue. Considering that navigation (for permitted sites) happens perfectly.
We can neglect the peer component of the McAfee Web Gateway as the old TMG proxies that we are discontinuing point to the same appliances, and do not have this problem.
Thanks to anyone who can suggest a solution.

--
Alessandro Baritello
Managed Operations – Cloud & Technology Services

Engineering D•HUB S.p.A. - Gruppo Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
Corso Mortara, 22 – 10149 Torino
www.eng.it<http://www.eng.it/>