[squid-users] e-CAP future development

Avram-Teodor Berindeie admin at eduaicta.ro
Wed Jan 11 10:17:52 UTC 2023

"That is difficult to predict IMO. There should be libecap v2 someday,
but whether that will actually happen, and whether there will be a v1.1
release before that, I do not know."

Does this mean libecap v2 for Squid 6 with C++17?
Maybe there won't be libecap v1.1 for Squid 5 with C++11?
Anyway, Squid with support for eCAP + Clamav will be one of the
solutions to consider and I intend to use it.
I am currently testing libecap 1.0.1 (C++11) + Securepoint eCAP
antivirus adapter v1.0.14 (C++11) + Clamav 1.0.0 + Squid 5.7 (C++11)
and the only problem is the dizzying scan speed of Clamav.