[squid-users] e-CAP future development

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Jan 2 19:06:07 UTC 2023

On 1/2/23 13:44, Avram-Teodor Berindeie wrote:
> So there will be a libecap 1.1
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ecap/+bug/1595488/comments/5> someday!

That is difficult to predict IMO. There should be libecap v2 someday,
but whether that will actually happen, and whether there will be a v1.1
release before that, I do not know.

> In my environment I use ICAP and I hope to be able to use eCAP as well,
> but for that a new version of libecap would be good and of course the
> Clamav to solve the problem related to the scanning speed.

Most folks would not benefit from a a minor libecap release (directly)
-- they can just use the library provided in your distro already. There
is demand for ClamAV improvements indeed, but those improvements can
happen using the existing libecap code.

Cheers,

Alex.