[squid-users] Fwd: cache_peer_access by dynamic ACL

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Apr 23 12:36:28 UTC 2023

On 23/04/2023 5:27 pm, Alexeyяр Gruzdov wrote:
> Hello Guys!
> Thank you very much! For now all works like I needed!
>
> But I have an one more  questions about how I could to use the kv-pair:
> and then ACL with “note proxy all “
> But how the kv-pair must to be looked for this my tag ?
>
> I have tried to get answer from my ext script like
> “OK”
> “proxy=all”
>
> But looks like it’s not correct

This part of the instructions were missed:
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers#helper-protocols
"
For every line sent by Squid exactly one line is expected back. Some
script language such as perl and python need to be careful about the
number of newlines in their output.
"

If your helper received something like this (with concurrency channel-id
"1"):

  "1 bob 192.0.2.1"

It should produce a line like:
   "1 OK proxy=all"

If no concurrency channel-id is received, then output is the same but
without sending channel-id back and MUST be sent in same order as received.

I do recommend using concurrency. It can help further debug issues with
helpers responding incorrectly.

HTH