[squid-users] General Questions in squid 4.x

Dr.X 0xff1f at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 01:11:29 UTC 2023

Hello James ,
Thank you for your reply,
But I don’t have cache manager enabled .

From: James Zuelow <james.zuelow at juneau.gov>
Date: Thursday, 13 April 2023 02:15
To: 'Dr.X' <0xff1f at gmail.com>
Subject: RE: General Questions in squid 4.x
For question 1, try using squidclient to retrieve mgr:config from your local server.  That will at least show you the currently running setup (including things like ACLs) which will let you re-create a configuration file.

For example, on my server (running on port 8080) it would look like this:

squidclient -h 127.0.0.1 -p 8080 -U cachemgr -W password mgr:config

where password is your cachemgr_password.   Your settings may dictate a different user.

For question 2, I believe that mgr:config resolves this as well.

James Zuelow
Systems Operations Manager
City and Borough of Juneau Information Technology
(907) 586-5295 x4212