[squid-users] Squid performance recommendation

David Touzeau david at articatech.com
Sat Sep 24 10:35:29 UTC 2022

Hi

We have some experience on cluster configuration.

https://wiki.articatech.com/en/proxy-service/hacluster

As using Kubernetes for Squid and for 40K users is a very "risky adventure".

Squid requires a very high disk performance (I/O) which means both a
good hard disk drive and a decent controller card.

You will reach a functional limit of kubernete which by structure is not
adapted to this type of service

Of course you can continue in this way....

But we see this a lot from experience:

"To take on the load you're going to install a lot of instances on
multiple virtualization servers.
Whereas 2 or 3 physical machines could handle it all."