[squid-users] acl question

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu May 5 09:34:52 UTC 2022

On Thursday 05 May 2022 at 11:28:13, Frank Urban wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We created an acl list with workstation names instead of IP addresses.
>
> e.g. acl our_networks src workstaion1.
>
> This works as long as the hostname is resolvable over DNS. If it is
> not, the restart of squid fails.
>
> Is this the expected result?

Yes.  How would Squid be expected to know what RandomWorkstation means if it
can't look it up in DNS?

Antony.

--
The gravitational attraction exerted by a single doctor at a distance of 6
inches is roughly twice that of Jupiter at its closest point to the Earth.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.