[squid-users] squid5 Happy Eyeballs - Is it possible to enable IPV4 only or IPV6 only ?

Ahmad Alzaeem 0xff1f at gmail.com
Mon May 2 03:49:07 UTC 2022

Hello Team ,

Testing squid5.x .
Still have a question in a case of running multiple instances (IPV4/IPV6) on same machine .
Such as •  One instance that run as IPV4 only while other instance run as IPV6 only .

I found that squid5.x is ignoring dns_v4_first .
And based on the algorithm and how it works , sometime  the IPV4 instance receive DNS resolution of the destination as IPV6 and the connection fails !!

sometimes the IPV4 instance receive the DNS resolution of the destination as IPV6 and the connection fail .

Is there any option we can do based on the environment above ?
Like maybe we disable eyeballs or preserving it while add an option like DNS A records or DNS AAAA records .

Thanks