[squid-users] Squid 3-5 CPU optimization and best practise .

Ahmad Alzaeem 0xff1f at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 15:04:08 UTC 2022

Hello Team ,
I’m just making a research about the major changes in squid in terms of fast response and Low CPU compensation but I have not found more info on Wiki or what’s new .
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Squid-5

The main usage is proxy with no ssl pump .
My main question is , is there any major changes in squid 5 that make it faster than squid 3 or squid 4 in terms of low CPU usage ?

Is there any best practice I can use to lower the cpu usage or response time ?
Like Deny caching on the HDD or server_persistent_connections off  similar directives

Thanks