[squid-users] Reconfiguring Squid every few seconds

roee klinger roeeklinger60 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 00:34:26 UTC 2022

Thank you everyone for your advice.

As far as I can tell, there is no graceful and easy way to do it in Squid out of the box,
I will have to use namespaces + virtual interfaces or mark outgoing traffic from Squid,
I am currently looking into these 2 solutions that you suggested, I will implement them
and update here how it goes after testing.

However, for now as much as I love Squid I need a fast and easy solution, so I decided to
use Tiny-proxy transparent proxy instead, where I can simply run the service 40 times in parallel since it is so light.
Then, if there is a reboot of the modem, I can simply restart the specific service I need,
without effecting the other services and users.

Of course, this only works if you have a really simple configuration, for example like my case:
traffic from port 8001 -> out from modem1
traffic from port 8002 -> out from modem2

I will update shortly when I find a Squid solution,
Roee