[squid-users] SQUID refuses to listen on any TCP Port

Eliezer Croitoru ngtech1ltd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 17:24:15 UTC 2022

Hey Ben,

You should try the next test:
install netcat with "apt install netcat"

Then run the next two commands:
netcat -v -l -6 4444
netcat -v -l -4 4444

and send us the output of these.
You can change the ports to 3128 which doesn't work and see what might cause
this issue.
It's possible that your VPS hosting service is using a custom kernel or
another thing happens there.
It's not squid by itself that is at fault in this issue since it was tested
on more then one system over the last 10 years including Ubuntu 20.04.

All The Bests,
Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru