[squid-users] squid with OAuth2.0

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Mar 11 03:31:54 UTC 2022

On 11/03/22 05:38, Pintér Szabolcs wrote:
> Hi
>

> I'm Szabolcs and I want to use your proxy with an OAuth2 solution.
>
> I think I have tou use this part of the Documentiation:
>
> https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/BearerAuthentication
>

> But I didn't find more information about this, can I use it if i rebuild
> the code from there project: https://github.com/squid-cache/squid.
> (Sadly I didn't find any relevant part from the code or the git commits)
>
> I find just this flags on a configure file:   --enable-auth ,
> --enable-auth-basic="list of helpers", --enable-auth-digest="list of
> helpers", --enable-auth-negotiate="list of helpers",
> --enable-auth-ntlm="list of helpers".
>

> Have I any chacne to find an OAuth solution for squid?

You currently still need to build the code development branch at
<https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/pull/30>. Looks like some build
issues right now, I hope to have a fix in the next day or so for that.

You will have to create your own auth helper to do the OAuth b64token
verification. I/O protocol for the helper is documented on that page.

Also, please be aware that as far as we can tell Browser clients only
use OAuth Bearer when they think they are talking to an origin server.
So it is mostly useful as a reverse-proxy authentication.